Pages

Monday 6 July 2015

Peanut butter bundt cake


Hi Folks,

I'm always open for some new cake recipes and because I have some willing testers (better known as my colleagues) I can do it without losing my own shape. The other day I had to try this recipe because I'm a little peanut butter junkie {psst - don't tell anybody}


Ingredients for the batter
3/8 cup soft butter + a little bit for the pan
2/3 cup sugar
ground vanilla to taste 
1/3 cup peanut butter (I used: creamy) 
2 eggs 
1 3/8 cup flour + some for the pan
1 Tsp baking powder
2.8 oz buttermilk
optional: 4 Tbsp roasted, salted peanuts (roughly chopped)

Ingredients for the frosting:
1 pack whole milk chocolate coating



Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the bundt pan with butter and sprinkle with flour, then the cake comes out without accidents.

Add the softened butter, sugar, vanilla and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl (or your food processor). Let it mix for a few minutes until it becomes a thick creamy consistency. Afterwards stir in both eggs thoroughly.

Mix flour and baking powder in a small bowl and add to the butter mixture. Now add the buttermilk. Stir all briefly and vigorously until a smooth dough is formed. Finally mix in in the chopped peanuts.

Pour the mixture into the greased bundt pan and smooth a bit. Bake in the lower third of your oven for about 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.

Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool into the pan for about 30 minutes. 

Now heat the coating over boiling water until it's molten and pour over the cake. Let it harden and enjoy.




What cake have you recently baked?

Please join this lil' blog. 'Til next time.


1 comment:

  1. Oh that cake looks yummie :)
    Well, I really haven't been in the mood to bake lately. Mostly because of the hot weather I guess. The only thing I had in the oven lately was self-made granola and that's about it. But I'm thinking about making some shortbread cookies over the upcoming weekend, let's see...

    ReplyDelete