Pages

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Back-to-Work-Pie

Hi ya!

Everybody is talking about Back-to-School after the summer, but what's about Back-to-Work after the summer-vacation?

In our department, it's common to spend cake if you go on summer-holidays, but I decided I want to bring some cake, when I return from my summer vacation back to work. I brought an apple-pumpkin-pie to my colleagues because I had these wonderful pumpkins from my own garden. Some of my colleagues liked it and some... ok well.


If you like it not too sweet and you like to bake at it, here's the receipe:

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.

Pie Crust:
2 1/2 cup  all-purpose flour
                salt
1-2 tbs     cold water
1              egg
2/3 cup    soft butter

(Makes enough dough for one 30 cm baking tin)

Combine the flour, salt, water, the egg and butter in a large bowl. If the dough is too dry add more cold water. Transfer the dough to a work surface, pat into a ball and flatten into a disk. (Although many dough recipes call for chilling the dough at this point, this dough should be rolled out immediately for the best results.) Lightly flour the work surface, then flatten the disk until nearly large enough for your baking tin. Put the flattend disk into your baking tin. and press with hand until it covers the form totally. You need an about 3 cm high rim. Now the dough could chill in the fridge until next step is ready to go.

Applefilling:
3            apples, peeled, cored and cubed
3 tbs      butter
1/2 cup  brown sugar
1/2 tsp   ground cinnamon

In a pan, heat the apples, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until the apples are tender and light golden brown. Put the apples on the pie crust.

Pumpkin-filling:
400 g     pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
3            eggs
300 g     cream
1/3 cup  brown sugar
1/4 cup  maple syrup
2 tsp      pumpkin pie spice

In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs, cream, brown sugar, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well, and pour onto the apples. Place pie on a baking sheet, and bake 20 minutes.

While pie is baking, make crumb topping:
1/2     cup all-purpose flour
1/2     cup brown sugar
6 tbs  cold butter
1 tbs  grated ginger (optional)

Combine flour, sugar, butter and ginger until they're nice crumbly.

Remove pie from the oven. Sprinkle crumb topping over pie. Then put it back to oven and bake another 30-40 minutes, until crust and crumb topping are golden brown.

I know it's hard, but please wait to enjoy until it's completly cool.

This was the second thing I made out of my pumpkins. If there are any questions about the receipe, please let me know.

Thank ya for visiting my little blog



No comments:

Post a Comment