Pages

Monday 18 April 2016

Tiled tray

Hi there,


as I promised last week, I'll show you something done without a hook. This project started indeed in Summer 2014 (!!) I had this old ugly wooden tray. It really wasn't a pretty sight with all it's stains.
First I decided to paint the tray with white color, and planned tiling. But very soon I realized that tiles would be too heavy.  
Because I had no other idea it went back into my WIP-Stock for 1 1/2 years. Then I had an epiphany or in other words I saw something similiar over at Pinterest. Old DVDs are the material of choice. I cut them into little pieces and glued a mosaic onto the tray. When all the mosaic pieces where in place, I gave them 2 or 3 coats of clear furniture polish. This is what I came up with.
And a closer look at the mosaic. 
It looks really nice in the sunshine with all it's color reflections.

See y'all next week with another project without a hook. 


No comments:

Post a Comment